In-service and Entry VIRM amendments effective 28 April 2014
Both the In-service and Entry certification VIRMs have amendments that are live as of Monday 28 April 2014.
Entry certification VIRM amendment
- This is a general amendment with updates across numerous sections
- Three new reference materials including the Fuel Consumption Import Statement System
- Re-arrangement and updates to the structural damage and corrosion images in Reference material 71.
In-service VIRM amendment (affects both WoF and CoF)
Overview of the changes
This general amendment covers the following changes:
Headlamps (WoF and CoF)
- clarify that a pair of headlamps may consist of a symmetric and an asymmetric headlamp
- improve wording relating to pairs of headlamps requiring to be of approximately equal colour and intensity (this change will also be made for other relevant lamps).
Tyres and wheels (WoF and CoF)
- Prohibit car tyres on two-wheeled motorcycles
- Add new combination to tyre interchangeability table (generally affects only heavy vehicles).
Fuel system (WoF and CoF)
- Clarify allowable corrosion and other damage around fuel tank mountings.
Heavy vehicle 5th wheel, ball coupling/socket for towing semi-trailer, king pin (CoF only)
- Clarify that a certification plate/label is only required for ball-type coupling
- Advise that 5th wheel operator statements of compliance (NZTA 4085A forms) can be obtained from CoF providers
Load anchorages (CoF only)
- Clarify what additional modifications and repairs have to be certified.
PSV doors and doorways (CoF only)
- Clarify line of sight for power-operated door testing
- Introduce Technical bulletin (CoF) 5 specifying the PSV power-operated door testing procedure.