You may browse and access the vast majority of information contained in this website without providing any personal information.
We have software to track which pages are visited, to help us identify the most popular areas of our website. The information is aggregated and we can't identify individual visitors.
Where you voluntarily provide personal information (for example, through email feedback or by completing a form), we’ll use that information only for the purpose for which it was given.
When you subscribe to one of our project update alerts or newsletters, we collect your name and email address. Once subscribed, your details will be added to a mailing list that is used to distribute e-newsletters.
The Transport Agency monitors the effectiveness of these newsletters using analytical tools offered by Campaign Monitor that collect the following information:
- Unique opens – The number and email addresses of subscribers that have opened the email
- Email client usage – which email account (Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail) was used to open the email
- Regions – Where this email has been opened
- Bounced – The number of emails that weren’t successful due to an inactive address, DNS failure, or if the recipient’s mailbox was full
- Not opened – The number and email addresses of subscribers that didn’t open the email
- Shares – The number of times the newsletter has been shared via email, Facebook or Twitter by subscriber
- Most popular links – The most clicks on any links directing to other websites or information not contained in the email.
There is no ability to collect information beyond this, or to track the recipient outside of a specific e-newsletter. Once the recipient has closed the newsletter, no further information can be collected.
The NZ Transport Agency holds a variety of information. When dealing with information, the NZ Transport Agency complies with the relevant information legislation, such as the Official Information Act 1982 and the Privacy Act 1993. Where the information is part of a public register, there are specific laws that require the NZ Transport Agency to grant access to certain parts of that information.
You have the right to request access to and correction of that information.
Note: change of address information is used to update registers that legislation says must be publicly available. Submissions are publicly available too.
If you have any concerns about personal information that we hold, please write to:
NZ Transport Agency
Private Bag 6995
Alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.