How to become a CoF inspecting organisation and/or CoF inspector – information now available
As advised in a previous news item, we are now able to provide more detailed information about how to become a CoF inspecting organisation and/or CoF inspector and the requirements they need to meet, as follows:
- Information about becoming a CoF inspecting organisation (IO)
- CoF IO information pack and questions and answers
- Quality management system requirements for CoF IOs as well as a QMS model (also applies to WoF IOs)
- CoF IO notice of appointment
- CoF/WoF site requirements
Go to www.nzta.govt.nz/cof/IO to access these documents and other relevant information.
- Information about becoming a CoF vehicle inspector (VI)
- CoF VI information pack and questions and answers
- CoF VI code of conduct
- CoF VI training information pack.
Go to www.nzta.govt.nz/cof/VI to access these documents and other relevant information.
Effect on existing WoF IOs and VIs
Some of you may have no interest in carrying out CoF inspections, but some changes to the CoF inspection services will carry over into your WoF inspection business and WoF inspectors. This includes a new quality management system which will replace the performance review system, IO notices of appointment and VI code of conduct. Although WoF won’t be affected until at least after 1 November 2014, we recommend that you read through the relevant documents anyway.
More detailed information about what changes will be made to the WoF service delivery will be provided at a later stage.