12 Additional topics
Certifier categories: All
Reasons for rejection
1. A welding procedure compliant to the appropriate part of AS/NZS 1554 has not been specified.
2. The specified welding procedure has not been followed.
3. The wrong class of weld has been used.
4. The required NDT has not been performed for Class SP and GP welds, or for other welds, as required, by an appropriately qualified person.
5. The welding quality does not comply with AS/NZS 1554 or another appropriate standard.
6. The welder is unknown or unqualified in either process or position to AS/NZS ISO9606: 2017, AS/NZS 2980:2018 or an alternative approved standard.
7. For load anchorages, the welder is unknown or unqualified in either process or position to AS/NZS 2980-2018 or an alternative approved standard and the calculated weld stress is greater than 75% of the allowable stress stated in the applicable standard if the allowance is appropriate.
8. Appropriate notice has not been taken of the NZTA publication Welding in the Transport Industry (Note 1).
See ‘Welding in the Transport Industry, 28 February 2013’ Technical bulletin 10.
Summary of legislation
- AS/NZS 1554 Welding
- AS/NZS 2980-2018: Qualification of welders for fusion welding of steels - Additional requirements for Australia and New Zealand
- AS/NZS ISO9606.1: 2017 Qualification testing of welders – Fusion Welding.
- 1 Vehicle Identification
- 2 External projections
- 3 Dimensions
- 4 Structure
- 5 Brakes
- 6 Occupant features
- 7 Vehicle dynamic performance
- 8 Equipment fitting
- 9 Towing connections
- 10 Load retention
- 11 Local manufacture and repair code of practice
- 12 Additional topics
- Technical bulletins