Technical bulletins (CoF)
4 Taximeter compliance
Meters are not required in small passenger service vehicles. However, if you do use a meter you must ensure that it is accurate.
From 1 October 2017 meters are not a CoF inspection item and meter certification is not carried out by persons authorised by the Transport Agency.
Page amended 1 October 2017 (see amendment details).
- General vehicles
- Heavy vehicles
- Light PSVs
- Heavy PSVs
- General trailers
- Heavy trailers
- Unclassified vehicles
- Technical bulletins (general)
- Technical bulletins (CoF)
- 1 Expiry dates recorded on ID label/plate
- 2 OEM wheel rim options
- 3 Rear seatbelts as aisle obstructions in passenger service vehicles
- 4 Taximeter compliance
- 5 Door test procedure: Compressed air- or vacuum-operated doors
- 6 Michelin X Multiway tyres
- 7 Stock crate certification
- 8 Tipper bodies fitted to new imported trucks (first registered in New Zealand)
- 9 Park brake inspection and 4085D requirements
- Interim amendments