1 November 2017 in-service (WoF and CoF) VIRM amendment now live
The preview of the 1 November 2017 VIRM in-service certification (WoF and CoF) amendment is now available to download.
In this amendment:
- General changes and improvements
- Reminder about IT system requirements
- Clarification around exhaust outlet positioning when the exhaust pipe does not extend beyond the rear of the vehicle
- On certain light PSVs, a wheelchair ramp or hoist must display a load rating of at least 300kg
- New overseas acceptable proof of modifications
- Clarification about when stock crates should be certified
- Incorporation of Technical note 1 (ShinMaywa tipper bodies) and Technical note 2 (small passenger service changes)
- Clarification that a stretch cargo net of reasonable quality would be sufficient to meet the requirement of safely securing items of cargo likely to be carried in a small passenger services vehicle (Note: this is a late addition to the amendment).