VIRM: In-service amendment 1 November 2018 preview now available
The preview packages for the 1 November 2018 VIRM: In-service certification is now available to preview before it goes live.
In this amendment
- Clarifications around retrofitting headlamps and standards
- Update to headlamp sections to align with the rule and other lighting sections ‘Where a headlamp comprises an array of light sources (eg LEDs) fewer than 75% of these operate’.
- Clarification of the definition of bumper bar (including a new image)
- Clarification around when HVS certification may be required with regard to wheelchair ramps and hoists
- Clarification about wastegates and silenced exhaust systems
Update to tyres sections to include further examples of fail items when tyre information is removed or concealed
- New motorcycles section: Electric and hybrid electrical systems
- Other Electric and hybrid electrical systems sections updated to say that specialist certification is always required for changes to the high voltage electrical system
- New skid plate requirements.
- New technical bulletin on the inspection of light bars.
The changes go live on 1 November 2018.