Heavy vehicle specialist applications
Applying to become a heavy vehicle specialist inspector
If you wish to become a heavy vehicle specialist certifier you will need to qualify and be appointed by the Transport Agency.
The info pack below outlines the different certification categories and the qualifications required for each one. It also explains about any further qualifications or courses that may be required, the examination process and the applicant interview process for some categories.
The syllabus below outlines required and recommended reading for each certification category.
- Heavy vehicle inspecting organisation/vehicle inspector: Engineers' application
- HVSC: Local manufacturer inspecting organisation application
- HVSC: Local manufacturer vehicle inspector application
- HVSC Static roll over threshold (SRT) inspecting organisation/vehicle inspector application
- HVSC: Swept path (HVP1/HVP2) application